A trip to the doctor may be a scary situation, especially when you don’t know what to expect. While not everyone that experiences sciatica will need medical attention, severe or persistent symptoms that last for a month or longer may require a trip to your doctor.
When preparing for your first appointment with a doctor regarding your sciatica treatment in Snellville, you should take the following steps:
- Document the symptoms that you have been having and the length of time that they have occurred.
- Note any recent accident injuries that may have injured your back.
- Find a friend or family member to go along with you if possible. This person may be able to remember something that you forgot or overlooked.
- Make a list of questions to ask your Snellville Chiropractor to make the most of your appointment.
Questions to Ask
For low and radiating back pain, some of the most important questions you may want to ask your physician are outlined below.
- What is causing my pain? Could there be any other causes?
- Will I need diagnostic testing?
- What type of treatment do you recommend?
- If I need medications, do they come with any possible side effects? How long will I need to take them?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- Should I follow any restrictions?
- Are there self-care measures that I should be following?
- Are there any other steps I can take to prevent these symptoms from reoccurring?
What Your Doctor May Ask You
To best prepare for your appointment, you should consider some of the questions your chiropractor may ask you. Some of the most common include:
- How does your pain limit your functional abilities?
- Do any activities or positions worsen your pain or make it better?
- Do you experience any weakness or numbness in your legs?
- Do you engage in regular exercise?